We are pleased to announce a new journal for Esports, the Annals of Esports Research (AER). AER is the first North American Esports journal and is an international, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to expanding the scientific basis and qualitative and quantitative knowledge of Esports by publishing quality articles concerning the field.
AER publishes innovative original research, opinion, and educational information related to Esports. All disciplines and approaches to understanding Esports are encouraged, with special interest in the health, performance and experience, and well-being of players, fans, and coaches. The journal also will cover industry practices and outlooks and the teaching, management, and research of Esports.
Our goal is to advance academic and industry discussions and research in Esports. We welcome empirical, conceptual, and qualitative research and industry driven manuscripts. As an annals, we are interdisciplinary and cross the barriers between industry, the academy, and medicine.
AER is a gold-standard open access journal published through Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. It is a free journal and all published articles will be freely accessible. We are an Emerging Sources Citation Index Journal.
The journal welcomes submissions from international contributors and researchers of all specialties.
Our Editorial Board includes academic and industry partners:
- Eric Darr, Ph.D. – President, Harrisburg University
- Mark Candella – Director of Student and Education Programs, Twitch
- Joey Gawrysiak, Ph.D. – Program Director, Associate Professor of Esports, Shenandoah University
- Wayne Kimmel – Chairman of the Board, Managing Partner, SeventySix Capital
- Lindsey Migliore D.O. – Esports Physician, Founder, GamerDoc, Faculty associate for NYIT Center for Sports Medicine.
- Glenn Mitchell, M.D., MPH – Professor of Healthcare Informatics, Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, Harrisburg University
- Jill Murray, Ph.D. – President, Lackawanna University
- Charles Palmer – Associate Professor of Esports, Director of C.A.R.E, Harrisburg University
- Wim Stocks – EVP Partnerships & Commercial, Belong Gaming & Vindex
Categories of Interests: Clinical Topics, Esports and Medicine, Esports and Health, Analytics/Modeling, Bio-Medical, Business, Marketing, Economics, Esports Management, AR/VR, AI, Finance, Education/Pedagogy and Esports, Sociology, Psychology, Communications, Media, Cultural Studies, Statistics, Prose and more.
To submit a manuscript to AER, please visit: https://harrisburguniversity.submittable.com/submit.
ABOUT HARRISBURG UNIVERSITY
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.