HU at a Glance
- Only nonprofit science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Supports the academic success of members of groups historically underrepresented in applied science and technology fields
- Private nonprofit 501(c)(3) university
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education: June 22, 2009
- Signature 16-story $73-million state-of-the-art Academic Center in Harrisburg.
- University has a 38,000 square-foot location in Philadelphia offering four-year programs.
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students is 6,469.
- The University has 284 full-time employees.
Points of Pride
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students and dual enrollment is 6,469
- More than 400 students live in University or private housing in Harrisburg.
- Students hail from 102 countries.
- 100 percent of accepted full-time undergraduate students receive a scholarship from HU.
- Undergraduate student body is 34% female and 62% minority
- Graduate student body is 47% women.
- 91% of our graduates who responded to a survey reported they were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $6,000 less than the national average student education debt.